Shelby County Schools has opened up additional screening dates for students who will turn 5 years-old during the state-approved timeframe of August 16 – September 30. Please note, this extension is for new screenings only – no re-screenings. Call for an appointment.
- Screenings take place at the Board of Education, 160 S. Hollywood St.(Tuesday Aug. 13 – Friday Aug. 16).
- Parents may call the Assessment Department at (901) 416-5450 to request a screening appointment.
- Bring a picture ID, copy of the child’s social security card and a certified copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- The face-to-face assessment will last approximately 30 minutes.
- If the child meets the minimum score requirement, he/she may be accepted for early entrance into kindergarten. If not, then the child will have to wait until the 2020-21 school year to enter kindergarten.