Memorializing George Floyd in Memphis
(Photos: Gary S. Whitlow/GSW Enterprises)
The setting on Monday (June 8) was outside the Vasco Smith County Administration Building as a local memorial service was held for the late George Floyd, whose death by the hands — literally a knee sustained to his neck — of a now former Minneapolis Police Department officer killed the 46-year-old Minnesota man, setting off sustained protests nationwide.
A virtual programming note
The National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives (NOBLE) and 100 Black Men of America, Inc. are hosting a virtual community townhall panel discussion between law enforcement officials and national, influential community leaders today (June 10) at 5 p.m. (CDT)
- Cerelyn “C.J.” Davis, NOBLE National President
- Thomas W. Dortch, Jr., Chairman, 100 Black Men of America, Inc.
- Jamal Harrison Bryant, Pastor, New Birth Missionary Baptist Church
- Benjamin Crump, Attorney, Ben Crump Law
- Chaka Zulu, Producer, Director and Actor
- Mirtha Ramos, Chief of Police, Dekalb County