The application window for Community LIFT’s Memphis Empowerment Fund grants is open through April 26, with selectees awarded up to $2500 for neighborhood improvement projects.
Interested in applying?
Applicants first must attend an information session, with the remaining session set for March 22 at 5:30 p.m. via Zoom. Visit www.communitylift.org to register.
Community LIFT’s Memphis Empowerment Fund Grant is designed to build grassroots leadership capacity by supporting neighborhood-based projects with funding and technical assistance.
A media release about the grants reads:
“We envision this support will lead to an increased belief that people can make a difference through grassroots efforts; more people engaged in innovative solutions to improve neighborhoods; more residents working towards collective action; increased economic activity in under-resourced neighborhoods; and more advocates for investment in under-resourced areas.”
- Projects must take place in Memphis, TN.
- Individual residents, property or business owners, neighborhood associations, or grassroots, place- based groups (total org budget must be less than $30,000) are eligible to apply.
- Project must be carried out in the applicant’s neighborhood (applies to resident, neighborhood association, business owner or nonprofit group with budget under $30,000)
- Project must focus on 1 of the 4 areas: People, Physical, Economic, Grassroots Organizing
PROJECTS/ITEMS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING
- Youth-based programs, including after-school, summer camp, recreational camps or programs
2. Costs incurred before funding is awarded
3. General operating costs (if non-profit organization)
4. Individual elementary or secondary schools
5. Alcoholic beverages, gifts or prizes
6. General miscellaneous or contingency funding
7. Contributions or donations to other entities
8. Fines and penalties
10. Marketing expenses not associated with the project
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATES
- Application closes Monday, April 26, 2021.
- Applications can be completed using our online form or by downloading a Word document available at www.communitylift.org
GRANT REVIEW PROCESS
All applications will go through a review process by a grants review committee. Projects will be evaluated based on Community Need, Resident Input, Budget, and Project Plan.
GRANT AWARD NOTIFICATION DATE
- Awards will be announced on Monday June 28, 2021.
(For more information visit www.communitylift.org; contact Nefertiti Orrin by email at [email protected])