Penny Hardaway was quick off the dribble in both his collegiate and NBA careers, so why would he stop now?
It’s been barely a month since Hardaway was announced as the new coach of the Memphis Tigers, but he hasn’t stopped moving — acquiring players, assembling staff, and talking to media. Let’s run down some of the highlights:
- Recruited East High star Alex Lomax
- Recruited Cordova star Tyler Harris
- Recruited four-star guard Antwann Jones
- Recruited JUCO star Isaiah Maurice
- Recruited Jayden Hardaway from IMG in Florida (okay, that’s his son)
- Hired Tony Madlock as assistant coach
- Hired former Grizz Mike Miller as assistant coach
Hardaway talked about all of that and more on Thursday during a press conference that otherwise would have been a yawner were it not for the mania Hardaway has brought to the program. If you love Penny and the Tigers, enjoy the press conference . . .