If you missed the first day of the Kingdom Fellowship Baptist Health Fair, you’ve got another chance today.
Pastor Darryl Roberts and Kingdom Fellowship Baptist Church, located at 3735 North Trezevant in the Frayser area, is hosting the 38127 Community Health Fair. The event started Friday and ends today at 4 p.m.
Several sponsors and vendors will provide services. Free services include: dental, vision screenings, home repairs for seniors, breast exams, utility assistance, blood pressure readings, job assistance and BMI readings.
Some services may require preregistration. Breast exams will be scheduled for the first 30 registered participants.
Sponsors and participants include: Bellevue Baptist Dental Bus, Mid-South Lion’s Club, Mobile American Job Center of Tennessee, Shelby County Community Service Agency (CSA), University of Memphis Speech and Hearing, and Christ Community Health Services
During the Faith Leaders Symposium, which is set for Saturday at 10 a.m., ministers and leaders of the faith-based community will be able to receive information from organizations concerning available services.
- Addressing domestic violence in congregations (Memphis Area Women’s Council).
- Addressing bullying in youth congregations.
- Community services and assistance offered by Shelby County Government (CSA).
- Services offered by Shelby County Health Department (Ryan White Program).
- Importance of Safety Awareness within the church.
- Understanding the need for HIPPA in the church.
For more information, Minister Monica Brodie, Kingdom Fellowship Baptist Church Outreach director, at 870-316-9561; email: [email protected]